No matter what a business sells, it is important to have a strong go-to-market strategy. What is a go-to-market strategy? Essentially, it is a comprehensive plan that details how the business will reach customers and sell products. However, for companies that sell commodities, it is arguably even more important to have a thorough strategy to introduce products to the market and gain clients. Most commodities are interchangeable, with limited ways to differentiate the physical product. With this in mind, there needs to be some way for you to differentiate yourself from competitors selling similar products.
As a disposable glove distributor, the nature of selling this commodity has forced AMMEX’s strategy to be purposeful in two key areas: having a strong focus on speed to market and introducing a program that is focused on growth tools focused on B2B and ecommerce distribution that help clients expand their respective glove categories.
AMMEX’s go-to-market strategy
Increasing speed to market is one the smartest ways to beat out the competition. Being quicker and nimbler than competitors is simply a must in the commodities business. Product differentiation options are few in number, so getting in front of the client first is crucial to success.
A speed-to-market strategy, for a commodity specifically, should contact a wide variety of people within a broad array of industries. Escalate the velocity of the sales team by increasing the number of calls and presentations to potential clients.
Stay ahead of the competition by contacting people before they do! Then, when you have their attention, follow up with something so enticing other people can’t compete with this deal AMMEX offers!
“Commodity companies need a strong go-to-market strategy.”
Anyone can sell gloves, but AMMEX helps distributors sell more gloves. AMMEX provides businesses with marketing support to bring greater awareness to the necessity of disposable gloves. In today’s fast-paced world, digital marketing is key to reaching customers quickly. Here are a few of the ways AMMEX offers marketing assistance:
- Search engine optimization: AMMEX provides SEO-friendly, keyword-rich content and high-quality images that encourage customers to engage with businesses online. Why is this important? Almost 90 percent of consumers use search engines to make purchasing decisions. In addition, Hubspot found that customers who find a company using organic search results are 8 times more likely to buy than those who find the company through advertising.
- Digital resources: AMMEX also provides product and training videos to help customers with the decision-making process. When shoppers watch online videos produced by the manufacturer, they are 144 percent more likely to buy the product.
- Content: AMMEX also supercharges distributors with rebloggable content products to keep social followers engaged. According to Executive Board, buyers go through about 57 percent of their purchasing process before they even talk to the sales team. Engaging content is crucial to gain customer trust and ensuring customers keep a specific business in mind when it is time to buy.
- Customizable marketing content: Flyers, tailored materials and product samples provide additional support tools to have on hand with the physical samples.
“The AMMEX growth program is the key differentiating feature for our products.“
AMMEX’s philosophy is to make it easy for distributors to reach out to as many customers as possible, as fast as possible. We understand that although gloves are not a core product for all our distributors, they are a great residual product. Many sales reps have a wide range of SKUs and product details they need to memorize. This includes a lot of complicated information, including specs, chemical knowledge, chemical compositions and reactions to different conditions and temperatures. AMMEX takes some of this complexity away by providing a breadth of knowledge and training for sales teams.
Finally, AMMEX provides sales reps with everything they need to close a deal. At the end of the day, high-quality service and growth tools beyond the physical product are two of the key differentiators for businesses that sell commodities. Customers may think they are able to get disposable gloves anywhere, but they will not receive the same in-depth product knowledge and insight at every business. AMMEX knows glove expertise does not come overnight, so getting distributors up to speed on the differences between glove types and uses is an important step. AMMEX’s complimentary Sales Acceleration Solution® includes glove samples, training videos and other tools to help reps on the floor overcome objections and make sales.
- Knowledge: AMMEX provides training videos and other Sales Acceleration Solution® materials to help distributors learn everything you need to know about disposable gloves. Different industries have unique needs. Sales teams need thorough knowledge of each glove to accommodate different buyers. Does the client work in health care or food service? What is the customer’s chief concern? Through our distributor login, sales reps gain access to videos, data and spec sheets to help you get a handle on the intricacies of disposable gloves.
- Samples: Samples equal sales. Let customers try the product before they buy them since physical samples are extremely helpful for many customers. Wearing gloves is a tactile experience that includes texture, fit and thickness. Talking about the increased dexterity and form fittedness of nitrile gloves is one thing, but customers may better understand if they are able to try on the gloves themselves. Make sure you find the right glove and fit for the task.
Selling a commodity like gloves is a challenge, but with an established strategy that increases speed to market and empowers sales teams to hit the ground running, AMMEX remains competitive, and we help our distributors to do the same.
Contact an AMMEX representative today or contact us on our website to get started on becoming a distributor. If you are already a distributor, speak with your salesperson to discover more about teaming up with AMMEX and the advantages of our Sales Acceleration Solution®.