Are you a business owner trying to figure out the real value of social media for your company?
Well, the answer is: SALES!
In what other media platform can your business reach over 1.5 billion people, target exactly the demographic you desire and have direct communication with your customers? New data released by Facebook and research groups show just how influential Facebook has become for business. Take a quick look at these compelling reasons why business owners should use Facebook
50% of small business owners reported the gain of new customers through social media, most notably through Facebook*
- 100% of business decision-makers use social media for work purposes, according to Forrester.
- 68% of consumers check out companies on social networking sites before buying.
- According to iMedia, 70% of marketers report that social media content marketing has increased their brand awareness.
- In a local search usage study by Balihoo, 91% of local searches use Facebook to find local businesses online.
- 56% of Americans have a profile on a social media site and 55% of Americans 45-54 have a profile on a social media site.
- 51% of Facebook users are more likely to buy brands that they follow or are fans of.
- 20% of page views in the United States occurs on Facebook according to Infodocket 2012. This is a huge market on the web; if you use social media marketing efforts on Facebook, you could have significant returns to show for it.
Perhaps the most compelling reason to leverage Facebook for your business is that you can target new customers and drive sales through Facebook Advertising. Facebook launched the option to advertise on their platform in 2012. Since then, billions of businesses have leveraged this tool to target their customers.
Your business can use Facebook advertising to target by zip code, keyword, demographics, and more.
You can use Custom Audiences to target using email lists or you can use Partner Categories to target an industry such as small business owners. Today you can reach just about anyone through social media, according to this article from Convince & Convert.
So why are you not using Facebook for your business? Big or small – business should consider Facebook. It’s a great opportunity for a company to make online sales, get a following around the brand, create a platform where customers can discuss the products and, when done successfully, let people spread the word about your company and increase sales!
*According to Crowdspring